The final years of your secondary schooling is an exciting time as you prepare for you’re a career pathway beyond school. This handbook will be a key resource for you to use as you begin working with your parents, teachers, careers counsellors and others in putting together a course of study that will lead you to your goals for the future.
By undertaking Year 10, Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE or VCE VET), Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) or a School Based Apprenticeship and Traineeship through Warragul
Regional College you have access to:
- More than 30 VCE accredited studies
- Core studies and a variety of Year 10 units aimed at preparing students for their future pathway
- Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) programs in a range of occupational areas
- A caring and supportive environment with extensive student support through Learning Team Leaders, Year Level Assistants, Careers Counsellors and trained counsellors
- Extensive library resources, a laptop program and access to other ICT facilities in all classrooms and a student common room equipped for study and relaxation
- An active Student Union that promotes the interests and needs of students as a group
- A team of highly skilled and experienced teachers.
The most important things you can consider when planning a course are:
- What are my natural skills, abilities and talents? Students often do best when able to develop their strengths and excel in these
- What are my ideas about future work, careers and life opportunities? Make sure you research and check in with our careers team and other staff to ensure your course selections open doors for your future an enable you to become the best person you can be.
Those students continuing at Warragul Regional College will be well aware of the success achieved by previous students. Staff are committed to assisting all students to realise their personal goals. I encourage all students to engage in the selection process and seek information to make an informed choice.
If you are a student from another school or college where your preferred program cannot be provided, visit us to discuss our programs.
At Warragul Regional College we care for individual students by planning courses to meet individual needs. We extend to all parents and students an invitation to discuss our role in your future.
Good luck with planning your course for 2018.
MR PAUL VAN BREUGEL